1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23 MF

Started by George Johnson · 14 · 8 years ago · 1/48, fighter, Mig-23, Polish Air force, soviet
  • Profile Photo
    George Johnson said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I just started this on January 1 as a way of ringing in the new year. It's also for group-buildon the web. This will be built into a Polish version- the exact one is still up in the air (so to speak).
    I worked on the cockpit yesterday, didn't get very far after about 10 hours. You can see the improvement over the kit parts, though.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Happy New Year George, your off to a good start. I will be starting on the ML variant later on this year. So I will watch with interest and taking notes as you progress.

• Profile Photo

More WIP of my 1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23M Flogger B. The cockpit is coming along nicely. The cloth seat belts are incredibly tedious. I mixed my own colors for the cockpit tub. This will get a coat of matte clear to bring down the color and gloss of the PE parts.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Chuck. Happy New Year to you, too. I look forward to seeing your creation on these pages soon.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Haven't tried using the cloth type belts yet from Eduards. Still rounding some AM stuff before I get started on my Mig-23 project. Something to consider.

• Profile Photo

My Mig-23 build continues. The KM-1 ejection seat is finally done after 12 hours of work.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ramon R. Lomeli said 8 years, 3 months ago:

i'll be lurking on this thread as well, i have an MLD version that i may get started on this year... maybe. anyways, looks pretty good so far! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Making steady and speedy progress on my Mig-23. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by this Trumpeter kit. Everything is fitting really well and there have been absolutely no problems at all. The moldings are very precise and crisp with fantastic panel and rivet details. I was worried that this was going to be of similar horrible quality as in the Su-15 that I started a few weeks ago.

These are the Eduard resin wheel wells and they are beautiful little models in and of themselves. They fit perfectly into their corresponding places in the fuselage.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Johnson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

More work on the Mig-23. I've used Tamiya, AK, Vallejo, Alclad, Mr Color, Mr Paint, Mig paints on this thing. I masked it using Uhu putty to get a finer definition between colors. I usually freehand this kind of thing, but decided to use this method instead. I think I'll stick with freehand airbrushing from now on.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 8 years, 2 months ago:

George, really looking good throughout. The seatbelt looks good! I haven't tried them, would you recommend them?

• Profile Photo
    George Johnson said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Sorry, Bernard. Just saw your note. Yes, the seat belts are really nice, but very fiddly as you can imagine. I think they're worth the effort.

• Profile Photo

Almost done with my 1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23. Should be finished with it tonight. I still have to install the landing gear doors, canopy, pitot tube, ejection seat, and missiles and pylons. They're all finished so that shouldn't take too long. Also have some paint touch-ups to perform and a little more weathering- all minor stuff. Pretty pleased with the way it's turning out. Just hope that I don't drop it.

• Profile Photo

Here are the pics

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo