303 squadron last stand – Mustang Mk. IV from Dallas Factory.

Started by capt. R · 127 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Beautiful seat belts, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I really like using aftermarket seat belts, @lis. My homemade seatbelts using tape never seem to look very good compared to the aftermarket sets. Your seatbelts and seat look great.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Today is very bad weather and photo of control panel don't show scale in clocks. Light mirrored in imitation of glass.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking really beautiful, @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Very nice , Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Final cockpit weathering and Assembly. I used Oli wash, and weathering master set from Tamiya. Mustag MK.IV had very complicated cockpit painting scheme.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Beautiful office, Lis @lis
    Great results from the washes.

• Profile Photo

Beautiful cockpit indeed, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Last night I Finally assembly fuselage and wings. I had problem with fitting glicol cooler under fuselage, and I had to use some putty. I made also some bad mistakes. I forgot drill holes for fuel tanks pylons, so i glued pylon without holes. Second mistake was one part of cooler glicol in fuselage under cockpit floor. I didn't glue it! I forgot! To be honest this part was no visible because I made part of back cooler as closed part. But mistake is terrible. I want not to forget glue viewfinder in cockpit, but I forget another part 🙁 PS. Mustang from AZ Brand had definitly better cockpit, better cockpit floor. More details. But poor barrels of Guns. I hope Tamiya will give better canopy. I have two canopies. One from Dallas and one from Inglewood factory.

• Profile Photo

Those "mistakes" are practically no mistakes, as no harm is done to the model's looks, my friend @lis.
    Looking great!

• Profile Photo

In the end those 'mistakes' will not be visible at all ,Lis @lis
    She is coming along real nice.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I think it looks great, @lis. I wouldn't have known there was a problem if you hadn't said something.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fiveten thank you for the kind words. They motivate me to work.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fivetenLast night I used for first time Tamiya Polishing Compound. I was scared at first, but then I drove all over the model without batting an eye. The purpose of this experiment, seen on YT in the P-51 Academy video, was to smooth the surface after using a primer. The manufacturer even recommends polishing after using the primer. I am curious if the experiment will be successful. It cannot be denied that it took me almost until morning to wipe the paste residue from the sheet dividing line. I am terribly sleepy today ... Anyway, the author of the movie on YT has successfully used this remedy and I hope that I will be happy with it too... I count on your support at work 😉

• Profile Photo

Nice job, my friend @lis!