Airfix 1/48 BAC TSR 2

Started by Morne Meyer · 22 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Great detail there, Morne!

• Profile Photo
    George Johnson said 5 years, 4 months ago:

The canopy alone is a great little model. Beautiful work, my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks Greg. Detailing a model is a slow process since it involves constant checking reference material and trying to get as much of the details scratchbuilt. Tiny steps indeed, but highly satisfying when the detailed part takes shape. Thanks for the nice comment!

• Profile Photo

Thanks John. Scratchbuilding is a very relaxing exercise!

• Profile Photo

Thanks George. Detailing the internal structure on the canopies is a must when posing them in an open position. I always believe that adding detail adds to the visual appeal of the model.

• Profile Photo

After breaking away from the family and preparations for Christmas, a short time at the bench allowed me to finish detailing the two canopy actuator struts. Copper tubing of 1mm and 0.5mm hypodermic needle, Evergreen styrene, pewter foil,
    0.2 mm and 0.3 mm copper wire as well as Tamiya masking tape were used to scratchbuild the canopy actuator struts.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Today I managed to secure the front canopy actuator strut to the front cockpit bulkhead. I also scratchbuilt the prominent struts that are visible on the photos. These were made from stretched spruce and Evergreen styrene bits and pieces.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.