Brewster B339 Buffalo (Tamiya 1/48), KNIL 1942

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 152 · 8 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Last week I received a package from my good friend Spiros (@fiveten). Besides a lot of delicious products, he also surprised me, once more, with an amazing kit, the Brewster B339 Buffalo from Tamiya in 1/48. Already by looking on the side of the box and with the recent Dutch aircraft shown by Alfred van Paaschen (@alfred), it was clear which scheme it will be build in. It will be aircraft B-3110 from the KNIL at Java in 1942.

When opening the box you will find four grey sprues and one sprue containing transparant parts.

The provided decals do look very nice as well as the included masks which will be very helpful for the Brewster's canopy.

Instruction booklet is the well known black/white set of instructions, clearly describing the part and where it should go in which color.

A couple of years ago I saw this aircraft, a replica, in the Dutch National Military Museum. They did great work to get this aircraft on display.

I'm really eager to start with this kit, I've always liked this short aircraft a lot and am pleased to be it now in a Dutch livery. Thanks again Spiros for giving me the opportunity to builds this aircraft.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

An amazing entry, my friend @johnb! Looking at the Dutch markings I immediately thought of you, this kit is now at the right hands! I am sure your skills will produce a gem. Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros. Will do my utterly best to create this kit into a gem. Need to do some reading first on this KNIL aircraft.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year ago:

Excellent subject, John! Thars still a great kit 49 years after its release. I did a USN model from that kit and have another in the stash. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing yours take shape.

• Profile Photo

@j-healy, thank you, John. Sounds like this is an enjoyable kit.

• Profile Photo

Slowly starting on this great looking kit. The interior looks already quite detailed straight from the molds.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 12 months ago:

Great start, my friend @johnb! Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 12 months ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Ready to get some paint on.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 12 months ago:

Another great project, John (@johnb). I was just thinking about adding some form of this plane to the building queue. Now I get some great building tips before I do mine.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thank you, George. Will do my best to create some helpful tips.

• Profile Photo

Interior green and some wash applied.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 12 months ago:

The interior looks great so far, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

After a great weekend spended at Luxembourgh it was time to continue work on the interior of the Buffalo. Nice decals were provided by Tamiya and with a bit of dry brushing the result is not too bad I would say.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Beautiful interior, my friend @johnb!