I have always believed that helicopter kits look deceptively simple and always end up being more complicated build than anticipated.
This build started on a whim as I had a FAA thing going on. I had built the Italeri H-34 kit basically OOB about ten years ago and recalled it as being fairly straight forward. So the Wessex looked like being a breeze too. The Wessex kit had more flash than the Choctaw, but generally went together well. I added Pavla cockpit set I had been given.
All seemed to be going well, although I decided to make my own engine exhausts from aluminum tube and wire. Then, having got to the point that almost everything was assembled, including undercarriage legs and antenna wire struts, I looked at some images of HAS.3’s and began to realise just how much detail Italeri had left out, and how many thing s they had got wrong. I have now spent the last couple of weeks adding various bits as and pieces and pulling some off as well. But I am enjoying it on the whole, so I can’t really complain.The model in the photo has bits and pieces loosely clipped on using blue-tac, and I have yet to detail the rotor hub.
8 attached images. Click to enlarge.