F 101 b voodoo revell 1/72

Started by Adilcan Topgül · 17 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Well i am back with another build a quick and easy one it took me 4 days to get this point oob build. Marble coat on for now

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Tell me again how (and why) you do that "marbling" thing.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 5 years, 12 months ago:

That's a nice kit, go to see it again.

• Profile Photo

Hey Craig its heavily thinned flat white applied randomly inside the panels ower flat black with 0,2 mm airbrush at 15 psi
    On top of that ill apply a thin coat of main color to have this kind of effect

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Hi Adilcan. I'm also a great fan of 'black basing' and 'marbling'. I hope you don't mind me replying to Craig, But this is a great way of getting tonal variation into models - especially those that are predominantly one colour usually grey). The best site I've seen for it is by the (in)famous Doog, link below...

Technique: Black Basing

Four days to get to this point. I really do wish I could model like that! Great work - I really do like your style.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Ha, you beat me to it, Adilcan!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 12 months ago:

I've now got a functioning airbrush and all the right connectors to set it up. Now just need some thinners to clean up the airbrush after use, and I'm ready to experiment. I like the look you get with this technique, and am certainly going to try it!

• Profile Photo

David the link you shared its great and explains the whole thing thanks m8

• Profile Photo

Some more work today main color applied and gloss varnish is on next up the decals

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 5 years, 11 months ago:

wow you're fast! Planing to build Voodoo as well but in early Canadian NMF scheme

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 11 months ago:

You put the decals on before the top coat/main color? I'm waiting to see this...!

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Nope Greg main coat is already applied the last photo is the finished paint job i also finished the decals today ill add more photos

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Sebastijan id love to see that build

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Ahh - got it! It was a bit darker than I expected, and I also had it in my head it would be SEA scheme (how I see most 101's). Now I see where you're going!

• Profile Photo
    paul teixeira said 5 years, 11 months ago:

looking great, wonderful techniques!