Fi 103 Reichenberg Re 4a + Kugisho Ohka model 11 1/32 scale from HPH models

Started by Michael Ezat · 44 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 1 month ago:

...and time for some color ! My good , old Iwata HP-C took duty once more with RLM 02 from AK real colors series and the cockpit start to look like ...cockpit .

As you may see some structural details are still in red primer because of the rush and the need to speed up production .

Also the cockpit is as simple as possible with the absolutely necessary instruments only and almost claustrophobic. Let's not forget that it was essentially a disposable flying torpedo so there was no need for additional equipment.

So , all the parts -instrument panel , seat , stick , levels - glued in place and the fuselage close with HPH two components resin glue .

Unfortunately the space is very small and with the fuselage closed it is difficult to photograph the interior .

Until the glue will qure , I start working with the transport trolley .

Same quality here , simple and accurate , it's a clever idea from HPH to enrich the kit , giving the same time a good solution for a nice stand for the model and at the same time justify the price (145.00€ @20/03/2021 from HPH site) .

That's all for now , in the next part we will deal with the main camo and will start the Ohka .

Until then , have a nice weekend .

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Nice progress, my friend @faraomike! Loved the cockpit, red primer included. Claustrophobic it was!
    Love the dolly being put together, too!

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Very interesting topic! I will definitely follow the build, you already made good progress.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

That is a great looking cockpit - looks very bust with the superb paintwork on the spartan interior. And the dolly-progress looks splendid with those PE details. You are gonna make a very interesting model with all those details Mike!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Interior looks great, Michael (@faraomike). When you close up the fuselage you probably won't see much, so the work you have done on the parts that will be visible will really pay off. AK Real Colors have become my "go-to" paint, along with Tamiya. There was always a problem with Tamiya because they had a limited range of colors, but AK Real Colors seem to have solved that.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Fantastic progress, Michael.
    The pilot must have had a huge amount of courage to step inside that 'plane'.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years ago:

John (@johnb) dont' forget : once the pilot be inside , he will not get out again ...

• Profile Photo

@faraomike, fully understood, a one way ticket.

• Profile Photo

Good evening gentlemens , how are you ?

Time for a small update and here is the Fi 103 after the first colors , RLM82 & 83 brushed with Iwata NEO.

Next step the main camo which will be done with a "big gun" , a "heavy artilery" Iwata Kustom Micron CM-B .

You will see the result in the next update . For now we continue with the cigar-with-wings Ohka , an elegant small airplane unlike the acar "flying torpedo" Fi 103 . The interior shot it with RC307 IJN M3 (N) NAKAJIMA Interior Green (AK real colors -AIR) and the same time prepairing the pilot's seat , instrument panel , cockpit floor , stick , firewall , engines blast tubes and -important- added alot of lead weight on the nose to prevent a tail siting . The small trolley with three wheels does not help to keep the small plane parallel to the ground .

An unexpectedly nice construction by itself as opposed to the very simple wagon of the Fi 103 !

When all set , then put in place and the fuselage close to one piece .

With a really small amount of filler and some Mr.Surfacer (1500 black) fuselage prepaired to receive many medium size to tiny photo etched parts as well as the tail too .

At the end , the wings comes to button in place and everything are ready for painting .

So , this will be the issue of continuity , I can see the end coming in two updates .

Time to open the space on my bench for the Me 262 , and for one more build , guess what ?

Untill then , have fun and a nice weekend !

21 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Lots of interesting PE details. Makes this little scooter look so cool.

• Profile Photo

Some serious progress, Michael.
    Those seatbelts look very detailed.
    It surprises me how much weight you had to put into the nose.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Great progress, my friend @faraomike!

• Profile Photo

Yes Erik , despite its small size it is indeed very detailed .
    Thank you for looking .

• Profile Photo

John , the seatbelts are a good sample of HGW range , so detail and quality are expected .
    About the weight : the little plane and the troley are both from resin , so are heavy for their dimensions .
    If you count the possition of the Ohka on the troley -aft on the troley- then you will easily realize why it needs so much weight .
    Luckily , there is enough space !
    Thank you John .

• Profile Photo

Spiros , always with a kind comment , thank you buddy !