Franz Stigler and Charlie Brown; a story for the generations. For Bernie.

Started by david leigh-smith · 385 · 5 years ago · 1/48, diorama, Luftwaffe, USAF, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Hummm, Nice choices...especially the Malt

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Happy Birthday, David, for Saturday. Hope your Sunday will be pleasant too.
    Remember, no matter how you may 'feel' it is right, it may not actually be right _ to play with your models over the weekend 😉

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

David,
    My very best friend when I was a child had his birthday in September too. It seems that you guys with the September birthdays are a good bunch of fellows.

It seems that you are well on your way to a fantastic weekend. You're a lucky man, and have great taste.

The corrected "feathered" prop from "Ye Olde Pub" looks much better... 🙂 You will be very happy later that you took the time to change it now.

Well done, and here's wishing you an early "Happy Birthday !" 🙂

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Slight detour; The Two and a Half Hour Hornet.

Birthday morning and thought I needed a quick and nasty fix of plastic...

THE KIT...

THE SPRUES (the whole sprues, and nothing but...)

A LITTLE MASKING...

THE B-25 ASSEMBLY LINES...

THE USS HORNET CV 8...

A perspective shot...

Normal service will resume, at some point...

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Happy Birthday David!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, David. Hope you are well and enjoying the weekend.

• Profile Photo
    Aleksandar Sekularac said 5 years, 7 months ago:

David, may you eat the cake and have it too! Happy B-day!
    If I had a fancy bottle of whiskey like you, I'd use this chance to raise a glass with it, but Hefeweizen will do... 😉
    Cheers,
    Aleks

• Profile Photo

Hi Aleks - great to hear from on this thread, Hefeweizen is a pretty good substitute, my friend!

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Happy Birthday David @dirtylittlefokker, Sorry I missed this last night as I was working on things around the house for this special day, it is my Wife's birthday today. September is a special month for sure. BTW, I like the bottle but I really like the glass you have there to enjoy the spirits with. Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, James. Pumpkin? Really? Does Mrs. Robinson know about this?

Well, the day is going well, as you can see...

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo

Thanks, Peter.

Given all the angst caused by missing parts recently, here’s the start of the birthday yesterday; a gift from the wife - his name is ‘keeper’ and he is the new guardian of ‘must not lose’ parts...including keeping a beady eye (or two) on the all important feathered prop.

• Profile Photo

Cute.
    'Keeper' sure keeps an (two) eye(s) on them.
    How is the Luftwaffe book?

• Profile Photo

He is cute, Peter, but also has an important role; any important parts will be entrusted to him, logged into the primary memory banks as having been done so, and hopefully easier to find. Unlike what happens now, I put a piece in any one of a hundred ‘safe’ places and then can’t find the damned thing.

The book is great, especially the last chapter ‘the Eagle Falls’ which has lots of nice potential dioramas and unusual photos.

• Profile Photo

Interesting recon Spit. Makes my wonder what history would have looked like differently.

Don't blame 'Keeper' if you misplaced the item, such as going to another room for something important , with canopy in hand, and unconsciously leaving it in that room. Then later asking 'keeper' where's the canopy. He'll say "What canopy?" 😮