After some rather tedious (and risky) sanding around the canopy things are now finally moving forward again.
Canopy epoxied in place and carefully faired in using CA glue where there wasn’t enough of the epoxy to get an even seam. Using epoxy, ensuring that the gap between canopy and fuselage is thoroughly sealed, enables using CA to level the seam later on since the fogging caused by the CA will be restricted to the outside, which can be easily cleaned and polished.
While I was at it, I installed the landing gear using epoxy as well. It gives a strong joint and can be adjusted but I will try to get myself a faster brand for this kind of job! I went to bed before it had set thoroughly so this morning I had to use another of the handy white-metal properties: it can be bent and twisted slightly for adjustment 🙂 !
And finally, an ill-fitting wing was attached to the fuselage with some of the gaps filled in using plasticard scraps. The upper wing roots will be filled and sculpted using Milliput later today.