Hasegawa 1/72 B-24J Liberator

Started by Yann Bertholet · 99 · 2 years ago · 1/72, B-24, Hasegawa
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks George (@gblair). I also like this approach of the 'caveman' method. Actually it is what I was doing until now. But now that Spriros (@fiveten) gave me this precious advice I will do my best to follow them.

• Profile Photo

Nose section assembly and details on the ballast.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Very nice progress, Yann.
    That Liberator is seriously gaining some weight.

• Profile Photo

Hi Folks, yesterday I assembled the nose and the tail to the fuselage. I am expecting some putty on all seems. I don't think it is coming from the kit but well from the builder...

• Profile Photo

By the way I could locate the pivot point (@fiveten @johnb @gblair) by using Spiros Method, at least on this configuration (aft of the fwd bomb bay). But by seeing the manual the added part (wings, engines, 2 gun turrets) will be forward of this point. At least I cross the fingers...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks John (@johnb) Yes she is gaining weight (like me on this period...), just hope the weight is going in the good direction.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looks great, Yann (@yann). It looks like the nose section was a great fit. The problem with balance on this plane is that you have that big tail with its twin vertical rudders.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looking great indeed, @yann!
    Will look very imposing with the wings attached!

• Profile Photo

Very nice steps, Yann.
    Already looking impressive.

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot guys ( @gblair, @fiveten, @johnb). Those last days I puttied the fuselage and assembled the bomb bay doors. More pictures will come. Next step: Paint workshop for the interior green for the engine cowls and rear landing gear. Then I will go with the wing assembly.

• Profile Photo

Hello everybody.

This weekend I focused on the preparation of the elements which needed to be painted in interior green. And finally Sunday ready for the paint shop. Yesterday I could not resist to assemble the wings and my reaction was this one: 'Sh...t this is not a bomber but a glider' She is really massive! I always thought that it will be smaller than a B-17 and yes indeed in length she is shorter but the wingspan is way longer. Now I understand your words like 'Impressive' and 'Imposing' .

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Keep at it, Yann, your work so far is very impressive, I'm sure she'll turn out just fine.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Love it too, @yann!
    You rise my temptation to start my 1/48 Revell one!

• Profile Photo

Not only the wingspan is impressive, your progress is too, Yann. @yann
    Need to find some space because you get me tempted to build one as well.

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot George (@chinesegeorge) for your nice comment. Next step will be to start the guns turrets and then she will go to the paint shop.