Hasegawa 1/72 B-24J Liberator

Started by Yann Bertholet · 99 · 2 years ago · 1/72, B-24, Hasegawa
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Hey John, You're right. I think that's the only option. I'm just worried that when I will remove the stick, either the window will come as well or the patafix will remain on the window. But let's try!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Nice progress, @yann!
    Love how this baby is coming along!
    Yep, I also go with our friend's @johnb advice: it seems to be the most effective way to install those windows.

• Profile Photo

Hey Spiros @fiveten. Thanks a lot for your comment. And thanks for your advice. I will follow this method (Tks guys @fiveten, @johnb). I've been pretty busy last week (renewal of my son's bedroom) and had no time to progress on the liberator. But I will restart from today.

• Profile Photo

Hello everybody. Yesterday I succeed to add the final items on the Lady. I can almost call it finish.

So this will be my last post in this group before sending her to the highlights after completing some touch up here and there. For the moment she is resting in good company on my workbench.

I would like to thanks everybody who was following the project with their good advices and their kind words. Take care mates!

1 additional image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looking really great, my friend @yann!
    Yep, she has the best of company: great looking Flying Fortress!
    Loved following your thread, looking forward to see her posted at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Really awesome, Yann @yann
    You achieved to present such a beautiful Liberator, well done.
    Thanks for sharing the progress in this thread, I loved following it.
    Looking forward to the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great result! - thanks for sharing.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

The B-24 came out great, @yann, and looks great next to the B-17. The B-24 takes up a lot of space, even in 1/72.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Yann, it turned out much better. Well done. BMF are difficult in any scale, but on a large air frame like a B-24, more so. Lot of ground to cover for almost a perfect finish before airbrushing the metallic. It shows everything if you missed a spot in the sanding. Really love the results.