Academy 1/48 F-16C, Hellenic Air Force

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 264 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Academy, F-16, Hellenic Air Force
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

...and landing gear legs attached

I have to say that the kit offered legs are not bad at all: the characteristic Falcon landing gear is adequately represented.
    Thanks for liking, my friend @johnb!
    Yes, the brake lines are stretched sprue!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

Black wheels eh? I must admit I like the white better with the black tires. Gear looks great. Looks like your Falcon will be standing up in just a few hours from now.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801!
    Indeed, white wheels with black tires are more likeable: it's the diffrence from the norm that I like with the black wheels!
    Yep, the wheels have already been "weighted" (just a tad, as in reality, the effect at the Falcons is very subtle, but it's there), just waiting for the glued legs to cure...
    This Aegean ghost beauty will stand on her feet soon!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years ago:

Great to hear that @fiveten!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

We’ll be standing by.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @michel-verscuere and @eb801

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Decals and landing gear looking great, Spiros (@fiveten). Won't be long now.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo

Doors attached...

Thanks to the magic of the Net, a dead head on view of the F-16 was essential, in order to use it as aguide for obtaining the correct doors offset angles. The kit provided main doors' retraction struts are not corectly angled and had to be bent a tad, in order to conform and blend with the door curves they are supposed to attach to.
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years ago:

This F-16 is STUNNING! Your friend is lucky to get such a great looking F-16. Can't wait for the final reveal!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @mornem!

• Profile Photo

Seat under preparation; I added grey-green seat belts, made from doped masking tape. exhaust nozzle's outsides are pained Testors Burned Metal, awaiting buffing...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Awesome Spiros!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @mvtb!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

This build has been awesome and is nearing the finish line, Spiros (@fiveten). Looking forward to seeing it on its wheels.