Hobby Boss 1/48 Me-262A-1a/U3

Started by Tom Cleaver · 24 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 5 months ago:

This -u3 will be more original than the original...
    Guys, I am amazed by the research for details I read here!
    Motivation is definitely "ON".

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 5 months ago:

You guys are doing enough research to write your own guide to the Me 262. The paint work to achieve this camouflage is pretty awesome. Kudos.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Fantastic paint work, Tom.
    And fully agree that this topic is becoming a great collection of information about the 262.
    Fantastic reading material.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 3 years, 5 months ago:

George (@gblair),
    As I said above, the research has been done and the (excellent) book has already been written by David E Brown, Tomas Poruba and Jan Vladar (https://www.japo.eu/products.php?cat=4). I'm just passing some of the info on. Buy the book, if you can find it.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Calling it finished and sticking the proverbial fork in it. Sure am glad that getting too much squiggle turned out to be perfect when @lgardner posted that photo above. Turned out I was right on!

I can highly recommend these Hobby Boss Me-262s. It's been awhile since I built a Me-262, but this is definitely superior to the Trimaster/DML kits and I think it at least equals the Tamiya Me-262 (not to mention Hobby Boss has done several different sub-types, including this - the only recon 262 kit out there).

A definite huge Thank You to all the commenters.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Turned out amazing, Tom @tcinla!
    Nic build thread, too!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 5 months ago:

This camo is fantastic, Tom.
    Your 262 is barely recognizable on your table top.
    Just ordered a HobbyBoss 262 yesterday.

• Profile Photo

Nicely done, Tom (@tcinla).
    You beat me to the finish.
    I had a great deal of trouble with my old (cheap copy) airbrush, but have upgraded to a very good one.
    I should be posting photos on my thread of my nearly completed jet in the next day or two.
    Liked.

• Profile Photo

Nicely done, Tom (@tcinla).
    You beat me to the finish.
    I had a great deal of trouble with my old (cheap copy) airbrush, but have upgraded to a very good one.
    I should be posting photos on my thread of my nearly completed jet in the next day or two.
    Liked.