Hobby Craft 1/48 P-40 Warhawk

Started by Jordyn Collier · 5 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 4 years, 2 months ago:

After a long absence from modelling and finally finishing one of my ongoing builds, I have decided that I want to put a bunch of my energy into this model, the other gift from my good friend Louis Gardner. And as per his suggestion and my newfound interest in the pilot, I will be building it as a representation of the famous Ace of the Pacific Gregory "Pappy" Boyington. This looks like a nice kit, and it's a company I am not familiar with, so I hope everything goes alright with it.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Man I'm glad my mojo is back. I missed this. I've finished the fuselage and such. The fit was AMAZING. The plastic is nice. There was no warps or anything. Amazing little kit.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 2 months ago:

This is some excellent news Jordyn ! I am very happy to hear that you are building this P-40 now. It's a nice kit, and they build up into a good little airplane. Just remember to have fun with it. It looks like you have been busy with the building part.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 4 years, 2 months ago:

These HobbyCraft kits usually make for fun builds. They aren't stellar with detail, but fit is usually excellent, and only occasionally do they require extra work worth getting upset over. Looks like you're off to a great start!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Jordyn, this looks like a great start. I like Hobby Craft kits. They are good kits and can build into great models. They may not be super-detailed, but I have reached a stage in my modeling/life where a good, basic kit done right is perfect. Looking forward to the rest of the build.