ICM 1/48 Douglas B-26B Invader

Started by Tom Cleaver · 23 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Finally got a chance to take a photo of the model painted.

I first painted the rudder and wing tips with flat white, then masked the strip and painted red. Masked that off, then primered the model with Tamiya X-18 Semi-gloss Black, then an overall coat of Vallejo "Aluminum." Followed by Vallejo "Semi-matte Aluminum" for the fabric elevators and ailerons on their lower sides. Followed by preshading on panel lines on the upper surfaces. I then painted the replacement rudder with OD. The same color was used on the fuselage overall back to the wings, then lightened with Tamiya "Khaki Drab" and the upper camouflage was applied, followed by some "post-shading," first adding in a couple brushfulls of "Flat Yellow", then another pass after adding in "Deck Tan." I'm going by the boxart, since my research on that photo demonstrated to me that ICM knows what they're talking about there.

Decals next.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Looking good, that fading looks just about perfect

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Hopefully I won’t lose my head to the “red line brigade” but ICM sure seem to have captured the “sleek” look of the Invader.
    Paint looks great Tom, looking forward to see it finished.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Great looking paint job on the B-26. Can't wait to see it with the decals.

• Profile Photo
    Haslam Yeoman said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Looking good Tom. Just picked mine up from LHS a couple of weeks late due to being far away for a while. This is a good thing as now I know the undersides are unpainted. I had suspected that this was the case but was always swayed by various illustrations. Thanks Tom for doing the research.

• Profile Photo

Painted and now decaled. Needs the underwing ordnance and the last tiny details.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

So - here's a finished shot. Full review at Modeling Madness tomorrow - published here later with more pix.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Wow, excellent!