Mig-21MF

Started by Floyd Fassett · 10 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Floyd Fassett said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Well it has been a while since I have had the time to sit and really dig into a model. With life, family, and job it can be tough. So I have made the decision to make time, so here we go. This is RV models 1/72 MIG-21MF. Markings are going to be from the Czechoslovakian Air Force, their splinter scheme from 1998. The following photos are of the resin and PE cockpit included in the kit. All in all not bad for 72nd scale, but of course there is always room for improvement. Paints used are from Hataka, Vallejo, Akah, Model Master, and Tamiya. Weathering was done with Winsor & Newton oils, and Ammo by Mig washes. Please let me know what y'all think, good or bad. I am always open for critiques and pointers. Sorry for the photo quality, I am in no way a professional photographer. Thanks in advance.

Dave Fassett

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 9 months ago:

First off, welcome to Imodeler. Looks like you’re doing a great job with your MiG. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Right now we have a MiG “Group Build” going on. This MiG-21 you’re working on would be a fantastic addition to it. Why don’t you consider posting it over there as part of the group ?

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 4 years, 9 months ago:

As Louis said Floyd, welcome to iModeler !

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Welcome, Floyd. Looking forward to the rest of your build.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Welcome to iModeler, Floyd! Your model is looking great so far. I look forward to the rest!

• Profile Photo

Thank you all for the warm welcome. and the kind words. Louis I took your advice and joined the group build. I hopefully will have more photos to share in the coming days. Thanks again.

Dave Fassett

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Welcome aboard! Off to a great start - keep it coming!

• Profile Photo

Not a large update today, but it is still progress. Worked on the PE wheel chocks, bleed air covers, and drip pan all are from Res-IM. The resin intake and exhaust covers are from Quickboost and the PE handles are from the Res-IM set. All of the handles on the drip pan were hand made. The handles on the PE Set were a bear to bend so I decided to make them myself. Please let me know what y'all think, and if there is any critiques or pointers please let me hear them. Thanks in advance.

Dave Fassett

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Amazing detailed work, looking great!

• Profile Photo
    Floyd Fassett said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Hey Y'all, Project is still on going. I know the updates have fallen off recently but hopefully a new one is right around the corner. Work has been crazy and this kit has required A LOT of filling, sanding, and rescribing. This process has been going on, and on, and on, y'all get the picture. That's it hope to post soon.

Dave Fassett