Revell 1/28 Fokker Dr-1 Triplane as flown by Werner Voss

Started by Louis Gardner · 65 · 6 years ago · 1/28, Dr1, Fokker, Revell, Triplane, Voss
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I finished this one up last night. I plan on posting an article soon. Meanwhile here's a few preview photos... I need to build a light box for photographing my builds.

This is an original photo of one of the three prototype planes.

and the completed model:

The same picture in gray scale...

Followed by a picture of Voss standing next to "F-103"

and a photo of the completed model in a similar pose.

Thanks for following along with this build. I missed the original deadline by two weeks and three days. Having a Major hurricane blow through our neighborhood and losing electricity didn't help with the delay.

As usual, comments are encouraged.

Take care.

• Profile Photo
    Lee Fogel said 6 years, 6 months ago:

This turned out beautiful!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Nash said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Louis - If my brother's to be believed as he [robably thinks he should, deadlines were designed elastically. Your self-imposed deadline was a brave thought remembering someone from the past that deserved to be remembered, irresoective of the flag he flew under. That said, you've done a grand job and I'm sure you can appreciate what you've done when you put F 104/17 alongside the original you built years ago. You should be chuffed with the result.
    Paul

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Well stroked Louis, ya done good son.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just posted the article for the Voss Triplane...

1/28 Revell Fokker Dr-1 Triplane, Prototype “F-103” as flown by Werner Voss, September 23rd, 1917
    Take care.