Spitfire Mk. IX 312. sqd, 1/48

Started by Martin Dytrych · 23 · 5 years ago · 1/48, Martin Dytrych, RAF, Spitfire, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 5 years, 6 months ago:

first fitting test is perfect

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Martin, that is very, very, very nice. Iโ€™d post her on headlines now and be very proud of that.

• Profile Photo

๐Ÿ™‚ I have one month to finish this bird (yeah, there is little panic). However, the "worst" job is already done and now it will be easy job, because the kit is beautiful and everything is fitting together like LEGO. It is the best kit I have ever held in my hands - including Avenger from ACCM...
    I am looking forward to painting this jewel - this would be first RAF classic in my collection.

• Profile Photo

Well, I did the most important job during the weekend - I sanded and cleared all joins - fuselage-wing part was not perfect, but this was my fault. The kit itself is very accurate.

I finished flap part - really not easy, a lot of sanding and testing there.

The rest was easy peasy - including oil coolers.

This kit is amazing in every way - a lot of details, top accuracy, easy to build, nice plastic.

I am going to add some last details today, mask it and we are ready for painting job.

I will do some better pictures after applying surfacer.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I made big progress since last post. I have already painted Ocean gray on top surface today, but I have not taken pictures yet, but it is a bomb! I am so excited...

Here you can see how I did paint all insignia - I started with duck egg green, white was the next one, then red circles -> blue around and then again white under the yellow to hide dark blue. It was a lot of colors changes in the airbrush...

At this moment, I have masked Ocean gray fields... it tooked two hours of masking... I want to apply Dark green on top still this evening, because I want to see it tomorrow and take new pictures to show you... Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

This is a very pretty Spitfire, Martin. Already captures the grace and elegance she is famous for.

• Profile Photo

voilรก, here we are! It looks almost finished, but we know there is still a bit of work to close this chapter.
    However, everything is nice so far.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

That's a lovely Spitfire, Martin. Particularly that underside, which looks amazing considering how difficult it is to get some interest in an overall grey.