Super Hornet

Started by IAN JACKSON · 25 · 2 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks, Ian (@ij001). I like using oils for weathering, but I always blend them with artist's thinner. I have never tried to blend them straight from the tube. I will have to try your technique. I suspect the key for your method is in the "tiny, tiny specks".

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

After a four-week hiatus, this is back on the bench and stickers are starting to go-on.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Decals do look very nice, Ian @ij001

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Decals look great, my friend @ij001!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Decals really make a difference on an all-gray plane, even if they are gray. Look great, Ian (@ij001).

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

It's back !

If you have particularly long memories, you might remember me starting this project this time last year - I worked solely on it for about twelve weeks then put it (carefully) away in June because I was losing a wee bit of 'mojo' and also because I have the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel.

Brought it back to the bench this week and since you last saw it, I've done a little more 'spot painting', added the low-light formation strips and shot two light coats of Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear followed by a third 'wet coat'.

It'll have the bench to itself until finished (which won't take long). Next session I'll focus on getting the exhaust nozzles and 'metalwork' on the aft end done. More soon, cheers from the NZ.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @ij001! Great to see the Super Hornet on your bench again!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Glad you re-started work on this Hornet, Ian @ij001
    Very nice progress.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Very close to the finish line, Ian (@ij001). It looks like it will be a great finish for a long project. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Steven Corvi said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Nice work & weathering.

I have the same kit but in Jolly Rogers markings [for my 1/48 Jolly Rogers collection]

Looking forward to mine.

Steve,