Workbench Ocupants.

Started by Allan J Withers · 144 · 2 years ago · 1/72, RAAF
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 10 months ago:

1/72 aircraft I'm working on, some of them !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Nice workbench, my friend @kalamazoo!
    Very productive!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros my friend.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Quite a variety, Allan (@kalamazoo). If I had this many kits going at the same time, I would never be able to find all the parts.

• Profile Photo

I thought I might add my workbench to yours, Allan (@kalamazoo). Mine is sort of embarrassing, since I clean up after a build by taking my arm and scraping everything to the side to make a clear area and start my next model. I am taking a short break since my last model so that I can continue packing (we are moving to a new house in a couple of months). One of the kits on top of the bench will probably be the next build, and the one's below the bench are in line to build soon. Cheers.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Some very interesting builds, Allan.
    Currently I only focus only on one build at a time.
    Mainly because of lack of space.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, nice variety in your stash ! -------------
    Thanks John, --------------------
    unless the bits have wet paint on them they go back in their boxes, I do at times get confused about bits not in their box !

• Profile Photo

A couple more visitors to the bench.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 10 months ago:

What are you going to do with the F-84, George? Caracal has an ANG decal sheet coming out for those kits. The F-51H is on my to do list also.

• Profile Photo

John (@j-healy): I have this F-84F and one from Hobby Boss that I plan to do relatively soon. The Monogram will probably be in Danish colors, and the HB will use the Caracal ANG decals when they come out. They have a nice set for the F-51H which has already been released.

Allan (@kalamazoo): I am still amazed you can have that many kits going at the same time. I manage to lose parts with only one kit going.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, I don't have too much trouble if I keep it all in a box, I have many more than this started ! ---------------
    John here's my F 84F I've been working on for only one year !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

You guys all have some cool set ups for working on stuff. Right now I'm in the process of moving things around between two different rooms. Trying to get things "just right" as Goldilocks would put it... 😉

I am always impressed by the quality of work I see here.

George, @gblair
    My vote for your next build is that lovely 1/32 scale Hasegawa FW-190 ! Go for it brother, and please add it to our Luftwaffe group build. It would be perfect next to your recently completed 109. 😉

Your new house will likely have a dedicated hobby room, and these kits will all look perfect in it. Take care and stay safe brother. Also look for me to start working on the Ju-52 very soon. My 3X magnifying light should be arriving soon. I accidentally broke my old one, but I can't complain about that. It gave me 20+ years of great service.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I love your workbenches, my friends!
    Here are some pics of my kind of workbench:

I keep the "good" boxes of built kits and use them to store running projects. My EoJ Cicogna is almost done, the 1/32 Sukhoi 27 will be the main priority, heading to the paint shop very soon!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Louis (@lgardner), I do think the 190 will probably be next. I was lucky with our new house. It is only one-story (my knees are thanking me), but we were able to add a bonus room upstairs. It is 20 x 35 and is all mine, so I think it will be nice home for my model trains and model planes. It has been really slow going with all of the shortages of construction materials. It will be almost 11 months from the time we bought it until it is ready.

• Profile Photo

Your space is too neat and orderly, Spiros (@fiveten). I see you have a Hobbycraft Otter in line. The Otter is one of my favorite planes, and there are tons of paint schemes for them. I have a couple of them already packed up and waiting for my new house.