Takom 1/35 Chieftain Mk 5C Berlin Bde Camouflage Scheme

Started by Ian Foulkes · 5 · 2 years ago · Bde, Berlin Brigade, Camouflage Scheme, Chieftain, Chieftain Mk5C
  • Profile Photo
    Ian Foulkes said 3 years ago:

This is another one of those "stalled" projects that I'm coming back to. This is going to be set in a very special vignette, which when finished I hope will bring a lot of fun to the project! It's the excellent Takom Mk5C (the "C" designating that it was fitted with Clansman CNR). The camouflage scheme has been heavy on masking. If you want to spray paint and like enamel, then Humbrol paint nos 33 (white), 98 (chocolate brown) and 165 (RAF Blue-grey) are exact matches with the Mig paints set for the Berlin Bde! If you like to use the hairy stick, then use the Mig set, dilute it roughly 50/50 with Mig acrylic thinner and away you go! Even I've managed to get some excellent results on the kits - there's also a Mk10 in the works...

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Wow, what a project and what a camp, my friend @ianfoulk96!

• Profile Photo
    Ian Foulkes said 3 years ago:

Many thanks Spiros. As you can see, masking off and cleaning up, especially with the pattern being to angular is proving interesting to say the least!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Indeed, @ianfoulk96!
    Kudos to your skills and patience!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 12 months ago:

That is a very different tank! Looking forward to the retake on this build.