Tamiya 1/35 Marder III

Started by Jordyn Collier · 9 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 4 years, 3 months ago:

I havent built a tank in a while, and this was the easier of the few tanks that I have, so I decided to start it. I want to say this was the gift from Gary. Correct me if I'm wrong. This was very straight forward with the assembly of the hull. Very nice and easy, a good break from the corsairs. It practically snaps together.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Got the hull mostly done. It's still a nice easy build. I imagine the real fun will be painting it, lol.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Here is the turret. It was fun to put together. I also have a few figures, but I think I wont build them for this build.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I forgot to mention, I added track sag with supper glue and some sanding sticks to hold the position.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Very nice. Sag on vinyl tracks always poses a challenge but you did very well on this one!

• Profile Photo

It took me a while. I didnt know if it would work, lol.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 3 months ago:

It looks great Jordyn. You are definitely on a roll with this one.

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 4 years ago:

I decided for some...unknown reason that it would be smart of me to let my 14 year old sister paint on this tank. However, I really like it. So, it isnt finished, but it's close. I'd like to present to you my Marder III, known as "Kriegskaktus".

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 11 months ago:

The paint scheme has changed a bit. I got the inspiration from a jadgpanzer 38(t), more commonly known as a Hetzer. It looks like a giraffe. I decided to take outdoor pictures for this because it was a nice day. I still need to do some more weathering and paint the figures better than what they were.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.