Kawasaki ZX RR.

Started by Rory Wilson · 15 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi Guys,

This is a kit that has been in my stash for a number of years, so now is the time. I have the correct Kawasaki light green from Tamiya for airbrush and a front fork detail up set. I have made a start by applying white surface primer from a rattle can and airbrushed the green panels. The frame and swing arm have been assembled and sprayed matt black. The wheel "rim tape" caused me trouble, but mostly due to big fingers and bad eyes.Anyway, a start has been made and thanks for looking.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great entry and equally great progress, my friend @rory!
    This Ninja looks superb!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Looks good so far Rory @rory, that green is great. You’re right about the wheel rim stripes. If you put them on before you mount the tyres make sure to protect them with a coat or two of clear. Putting the tyres on can be a bit of a wrestling match and it’s easy to damage those stripes. Looking forward to watching your progress. Two Kawasaki builds on this group must be a good thing.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great entry and ditto start, Rory @rory. Kawasaki green remains a special color, your green looks perfect.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, Spiros and John for your kind comments... much appreciated. George, I am planning on clear coating the rims before fitting tyres, so hopefully no issues.

• Profile Photo

This sounds like a nice technique to "clear cote and protect", my friends @chinesegeorge and @rory! Might use it in like situations.

• Profile Photo

That should keep those rim stripes safe, Rory@rory, looking forward to following your build.

• Profile Photo

Morning gents, a small bit of progress on the build. Last evening I started with applying decals to the bodywork. Tedious slow work with the compound curves. A few photos so far. Thanks for looking and have a great week.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking very nice so far, my friend @rory!

• Profile Photo

The transfers look good so far, Rory @rory, and that green is so Kawasaki.

• Profile Photo

Decals do look great, Rory @rory

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind comments George, Spiros and John. Progress is slow as my time is short, and in South Africa we have this wonderful thing called "load shedding" where they switch of power to whole metropolitans at a time for two and a half hours on a rotation schedule due to insufficient power generation capacity country wide. Most evenings we are off either from 16.00 to 18.30, 18.00 to 20.30 or 20.00 to 22.30, so this can interrupt my cooking, dinner and building time. One of the joys of living at the bottom of Africa...LOL!

• Profile Photo

Hi Rory @rory, I guess there are drawbacks in most countries, there certainly are here in China, count your blessings. One thing about this hobby is that there’s no hurry.

• Profile Photo

What our friend @chinesegreorge said, my friend @rory!

• Profile Photo

Wise words from our fellow modeller George @chinesegeorge, Rory @rory
    But I agree, very inconvenient. Worldwide we are just consuming to much energy.