I’ve made a good start on this already and got a fair amount done on the engine block. I always really enjoy building the engines on these Tamiya kits. They are almost like a model within a model…
I used the resin exhaust tips from the aftermarket set. They are a massive improvement, I think the difference is plain to see.
As per usual, I primed the engine with a gloss black first then used various different Alclad colours for the metal effects, followed by a thinned wash of Tamiya X-19 smoke. I dulled the aluminium block with a matt varnish and applied a clear coat to the pipes. The top covers were airbrushed with Tamiya flat red and the details brush painted on.
And that is it for now because I’m off to bed! It’s the North Tyneside model exhibition in the morning so I have to be up early. I’m taking along a few models to enter into the competition. It’s the first time I’ve actually entered any at a show so I’m really looking forward to it!