LaFerrari

Started by Richard Mcstay · 44 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Richard, this machine looks almost real!

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Cheers mate. I wish it was real! It's the closest I'll ever get to one!
    So the plan seems to have worked. After the black primer coat, I applied an even colouration of Tamiya X-11 chrome, then finished it with a gloss white. And eventually we have a white Ferrari!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 8 months ago:

That is a beautiful finish, Richard. Looking at the photos it would seem like an exotic blend of Alclad or AK products.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 8 months ago:

It does work Richard, nice clean white finish !

• Profile Photo

Almost David, but gloss Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints.

So a bit more progress on the body work. The nose of the car is complete and test fits like a dream. I also had a quick test fit of the roof and windscreen, but I can't fix these in place just yet. To be honest there is actually no need to glue them in. They seem to just snap into position perfectly and stay there. This will be great for the windscreen as not to get any glue on the clear parts.

With the front complete I moved onto the back end of the car. As with the nose, the rear consisted of photo etch grills and carbon fibre decals. It was time consuming work but gives a good end result.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 8 months ago:

WOW !

I'm speechless... and that's a good thing 🙂

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Oh, really, Richard, this is a beautiful piece of work.

• Profile Photo

Cheers guys, thanks very much!

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Well, not far off, but still work to do! I finally finished the interior by adding the seat belts in the aftermarket set. It's odd that they don't come standard in the Tamiya kit mind you. With the interior finished the roof can finally go on.

The boot cover was next complete with the photo etch parts.

So I just need to complete the doors and wing mirrors for the final part of the build. But that seems like a lot of work looking at them. To be continued...

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Richard, this is exceptional. The detail and finish are beautifully executed. I hope you are justly proud of this.

• Profile Photo

Cheers mate! Yeah, I’m happy with it! There’s always room to improve though.

• Profile Photo

So after a quick bit of painting, masking, more painting, decal-ing, varnishing... the windows were fixed in with pva. And I'm calling this one done! Now to get in in the photo booth and onto the headlines.

• Profile Photo

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Lovely job Richard, now all you need is a magic spell to turn it into the real thing it looks like !