Bandai - Ingram Special from Patalabor Series

Started by Anthony Ricco · 11 · 1 year ago · Alphonse, Bandai, Color modulation, Ingram, Mech, Patlabor, robot, Scifi
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 years, 1 month ago:

So my love for sci-fi led me to finding this really old kit, please don't judge Bandai on this old badly posed model. It was actually very advanced when it came out but the advancements they've made since then have been phenomenal.

As you can see the posablity is very limited and the details simple so my aim is to detail it and paint it up in an interesting way. You can see some details I've added on the shoes which will have wiring into the legs, I've painted the jacket and done a lot of color modulation and highlighting - I've also based the legs and shoes with a metallic base so I can do some chipping.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Im order to give it some more interest I decided to do a 3 tone camo on the legs with lots of chipping showing the metal below. It was my first attempt at masking 3 tone camo so a lot of learning involved.

I first painted the base green and did hairspray chipping then masked over with tape and painted black and then removed that and chipped again then hairspray a final time and the tan and then chipped again to give the final camo feel. Painted on a number onto the shield and he is a police mech so police lights onto his hips.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Finally did some decals on him - looking good.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Love it, my friend @anthonyricco! It really doesn't matter that the kit is old, what matters is the superb job you do with it!

• Profile Photo

Definitely - the main down side is you can't really put him into nice poses. so he kind of stands in a weird way.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Beautiful work, Anthony @anthonyricco.
    Especially the paintwork done is superb.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 11 months ago:
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Well done on this really nice project, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Thanks Spiros

• Profile Photo
    Gavin Snowdon said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Cool, something different from your typical "run of the mill" Patlabor.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 7 months ago:

I don't build this type of model, Anthony @anthonyricco, but I can certainly appreciate the skill that it takes to build one this well. Very cool.