Chaos Knights

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 118 · 1 year ago · Chaos Knight, custom, LED, Sci-Fi, Warhammer 40000, Warhammer 40K
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Definitely agree, just adds another level of detail, awesome work.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

A great save, Brian @brithebuilder
    I can imagine your heart rate went up a lot when all remained dark after turning the switch.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@anthonyricco - Thanks Anthony, I appreciate it.
    @johnb - yes it did John, yes it did.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Wow, Brian (@brithebuilder), these Warhammer mechs came out great. The paint and weathering is awesome, and your lighting is amazing. Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@gblair - Thanks George! I really appreciate it. just about a dozen of the other bad guys to paint up before building the diorama. The Tyranids should go pretty quick though. I'm hoping to be done with the whole project by this coming weekend.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Wow! Good luck, Brian (@brithebuilder). I hope you are planning to continue posting photos as the warband continues to grow. :o)

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@gblair - Absolutely! I'll be posting some updates later today.

• Profile Photo

First Tyranid finished as a road map for the rest. The rest of them will be assembly line painted... first the pink-purple of the face and joints, then the blue-purple of the body, then the red, then dark grey for the armor parts... a wash of a dark purple to tie it all together and then a bit of light grey highlighting on the dark armor to, hopefully, make it look more detailed.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

This looks seriously fearsome, my friend @brithebuilder! Looks superb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Beautifully done, Brian @brithebuilder
    A great roadmap for the others.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten & @johnb - Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate it. I am absolutely loving the color scheme on these guys.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year ago:

I'm late to the party. Brian it's refreshing to see some familiar techniques being used on different subjects, showing a different world. The lighting really brings out the creep factor with the death heads mixed with a little steam punk and the mech warrior theme. The parts count for one figure would be enough for some but, building a small army adds to the WOW factor. Or is that Omg? 😉

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle - Thanks Stephen, the world of Warhammer definitely offers some really fun building and painting opportunities. My buddy Mike; client on the project, definitely loves the detail on these builds. He's more of a collector of cool stuff and not so much of a Warhammer player at this point, so the diorama works. Typically, the models from Games Workshop are quite overpriced and don't make sense to build into a diorama... players want them on the table to play with. The previous knight I built for him was the Acastus knight article I posted here. That big boy can decimate another players entire army in a couple dice rolls... I'm going with Omg - WOW! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Progress, only a little painting on the Tyranids left, just a bit of light grey highlighting on the teeth and armor plates and they'll be ready for the diorama. I'm hoping that building the diorama will go relatively quickly. Torn up pieces of cork from an old push pin board and a bunch of rocks tend to look really cool when covered with AK Muddy Ground and Rough Terrain texture pastes.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looking superb, my friend @brithebuilder!