Chaos Knights

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 118 · 1 year ago · Chaos Knight, custom, LED, Sci-Fi, Warhammer 40000, Warhammer 40K
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

After seeing the preliminary base layout, my friend/client Mike decided it looked similar to a place he'd be in South America and sent a photo.

So, we decided I should attempt to paint it in a similar way rather than a more red looking surface of Mars concept. I feel like it turned out quite well .

I have also placed, nothing is attached yet, all of the elements onto the diorama to get a better sense of the space layout.

I still have to drill the holes for wiring and get the Knight and War Dogs connected to power. I'm also leaning toward not having a power button... if it's plugged in it's on. Or, the button will be front and center on the front face of the base itself...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Getting really exciting, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Very impressive, Brian @brithebuilder
    The base did indeed came out nicely, just like the place in South America

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros, I'm definitely looking forward to delivering the final product.
    @johnb - Thanks John, I appreciate it. I am looking forward to moving onto other projects though. I feel like this one is taking a long time.

• Profile Photo

All finished! Now to shoot some better pics for the headline article and a turnaround video and then do a ton of editing for my YouTube channel. I am very happy with how it turned out. I love the lone survivor standing his ground as the hoard swarms toward him. The dead guys on the ground are mostly covered and will give viewers new things to see/find for quite a while. The lighting is super cool in a dark room.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Congratulations, my friend @brithebuilder!
    Looking forward to seeing the headlines posting!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros! Much appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

It was a pleasure to follow this thread and be presented with this excellent result, Brian @brithebuilder
    Looks great on the headlines as well.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

This came out great, Brian (@brithebuilder). The lights really set the mood. I think I like the last of the 5 photos above. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Wow, wow, wow, @brithebuilder this came out incredibly, unbelievable stuff, I'm embarrassed to post on here now. The lighting and the base look fantastic.

• Profile Photo

@anthonyricco - Thanks man! I'm super happy with the result and so was my buddy Mike. I feel the same way about my work after seeing a lot of the super detailed pieces posted here. Hopefully we all just keep inspiring each other to push ourselves out of our comfort zone to try new things. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with lighting!

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Hahaha - don't get ahead of yourself - I don't want to get electrocuted, I have a nice big Star destroyer that I'm gonna play with some lighting on - lots of space to work in there.

Yeah yours has definitely inspired me, thanks so much.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year ago:

Brian,

Your friends photo would make a interesting back drop if you where to size it right. Or place it far enough to photograph in the back of the dio to create the illusion of more depth in the back round to showing good combination of knights and creepies. Over all things look good especially, with the lighting.