Halberd Models Curtiss SC-1

Started by Tom Cleaver · 26 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Amazing how much more I feel like doing some modeling with two negative COVID-19 tests yesterday. Thank goodness for Paxlovid!

Model painted in the early tri-color scheme with Mr. Color paints. A mixture of Off-White/White for lower, Intermediate Blue lightened with off-white for fading, and Dark Sea Grey and Flat Blue mixture for the upper Sea Blue color.

Decals tomorrow.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks SUPERB, my friend @tcinla!
    Glad you left Covid behind.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Wonderful looking Tom, and glad you're getting through your sickness. It looks excellent with some color. I start priming my airframe yesterday, think mine will be one of the later GSB, perhaps the BB-63 bird.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

@pb_legend - that sounds like an excellent choice. Being the guy who ever does what's in the box, mine is the SC-1 of USS Alaska in the accompanying photo.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Glad to hear you tested negative from Covid, Tom @tcinla
    Great result on the tri-color.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Tom @tcinla: I’m impressed that you were able to jump on this kit so quickly and make such progress while battling a return of Covid.
    I’ve seen closeups of the casting detail and it looks superb. You’ve inspired me to move to move my Halberd Cavalier up to the top of my “build next” queue.I have to finish three in progress builds first.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’m glad you’re feeling better, Tom. Nice work on this.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Here it is finished. I did it as one of the SC-1s assigned to the battlecruiser USS Alaska (CB-1). These airplane being stored on the fantail as they were got a lot of salt water on them, which affected the paint finish since there was no opportunity to wash them down with fresh water.

Full review at Modeling Madness on Thursday.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Terrific weathering Tom. Very salty Seahawk. I’ll be reading your MM piece for sure.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Wonderful job, my friend @tcinla!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Excellent result, Tom @tcinla
    The weathering of this aircraft is very nicely done.