1/72 Revell Dassault Mirage 2000 C NATO Tigermeet France 2003

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 27 · 5 years ago · 1/72, Mirage, Revell, tigermeet
  • Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I couldn't resist to enter another build for the Year of the Cat group build.
    The Mirage 2000 C from Esc.05.330 from French airbase Mont-de-Marsan was one of the contenders on the 2003 NATO tigermeet, organised at the French air force base of Cambrai in the north of France. It might not look that spectaculair it still holds enough "cat" to be build in this GB. In fact it's a Italeri rebox by Revell, but all in all it looks pretty good. So let's take off.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Outstanding my friend ! Thanks for choosing to build another Cat. Looks like you chose a good one as the subject too ... I'll be watching for sure.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Quite attractive Ferry and a bit catty !

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I've got this same kit and haven't built it yet, so I'm eager to watch and learn from your experience.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Meow!

Good on ya, Ferry!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Next to the Stuka and the MC.202 I've made a little start with the Mirage 2000C. As allways some pictures from the content in the box. And take off with building the cockpit tub.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

The parts look very nice in this kit. I'm anxiously watching this build (as well as your Ju-87 and MC 202 in the Kasserine Pass GB).

Well done my friend...

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Well, time to catch up with some things. I've been out and about but had some time in between to build on the projects.

First some progress with the Mirage 2000C. After finishing the cockpit it was time to prepare some weight in the nose to prevent a tail sitter. 15 grams should do the trick. The fuselage halves fitted quite nice but there was a little putty needed and after sanding some rescribing of some lines. All in all not that extreme. As I build this one pretty much out of the box, the wings are fitted now and as usual they need some touch of filler at the wingroots. It is starting to become a Mirage 2000C now.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Coming along nicely Ferry !

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Yes it is. It definitely looks like a jet now. It won't be long and it will get some paint. Very cool update. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Good choice Ferry!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks guys. The Mirage 2000 is a very nice aircraft and one of my many favorites. Due to my visit to the Nuremberg Toyfair this week I can't do any building. So hopefully have some updates next week.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Enjoy the trip and stay safe my friend. Sounds like a good time.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 2 months ago:

With all the delays I'm not sure if I'll finish my Mirage 2000 in time. Ready for the paintjob now, but it probably will be this weekend to have the cat finished. Picture of the Mirage with centreline tank and first set of Matra rockets ready for painting.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Looking good Ferry, but don't rush it, I still have more cats to finish myself !