1/72 Revell Dassault Mirage 2000 C NATO Tigermeet France 2003

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 27 · 5 years ago · 1/72, Mirage, Revell, tigermeet
  • Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks Allan. And you're right about taking time to finish it, it will look fine.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hello Ferry. There isn't a need to rush your build. The "official" end date is not being enforced. So by all means proceed as usual with your work. I would hate to see something ruined due to haste. Especially when you have come along as far as you have.

Take your time and enjoy the build. After all, that's what it is all about. 🙂 Please continue with your postings as usual. Thanks.

Thanks for the updates on your build. It's coming right along !

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Louis. I'll just keep building to a good result. It's becoming a nice model and I like to finish it as a nice cat. Updates will continue as usual.
    Thanks again my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

A little progress on my French cat. A lot of masking involved before the next color could be sprayed on top. And after some cutting and folding everything was ready for paint. I used Lifecolour non-spectacular blue acrylic for the blue patches. And after removing of the tape it all looked fine.

The central fuel tank was done with Vallejo dark aluminium from their metal colour range. When finished it got a wash with Vallejo black wash, as these tanks are really dirty.

next step will be gloss lacquer and then it's on to decals.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years ago:

Looks great, Pedro!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years ago:

Looking great! I love the look you got on the tank - very nice!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

Thanks Jeff, thanks Greg. Yeah the fuel tank came out just great.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years, 11 months ago:

With time at the moment not plenty available, I finaly got a lot of detail work going for the Mirage . All the decals done, the matt lacqeur on, and a lot of smaller details added It's allmost ready for the official pics. The centreline fueltank is on it's place. The two types of Matra missiles received some detail. Exhausts made from small slices of Evergreen tube. Decal strips from the spare parts box and cut from Bare Metal Foil. All left to do is put the canopy in place and the refueling probe.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Looking really good Ferry !

• Profile Photo

Thanks Allan, it has been quite a job with a lot of details. But the cat is ready and I'm pleased with the result. Presentation will be in the headlines.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Excellence as usual my friend !

• Profile Photo

Thank you very much Louis!