F4B4 VFA 31 Felix sdquadron

Started by Paul Wilsford · 4 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Mi amigo, Greg has been having too much fun so I think I can join in on this one. Hopefully I can find the replacement decals, basically Felix. Since I have been having issues with finishing group builds I ask that you guys have patience with me on this.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Well, this was short lived. I got thew fuse mostly done then when it came time to add the inner plane struts I found out that they were short shot. So, since there is plenty of time to this GB I think I will do some searching and come up with another.

It's not that big a deal since I didn't pay anything for the kit and I think I can come up with something else to fit the bill here.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 10 months ago:

That's too bad ! The pilot and machine guns look great ! What scale is this kit ?

You might be able to use some aluminum tubing to save the short shot struts. A company called "K & S tubing" makes materials in different sizes that might just work for you...

Another possibility would be to take some plastic sprue and rebuild the end that's missing. Biplanes can be tricky...Hope this helps.

Thanks for starting the build thread and welcome aboard !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 10 months ago:

As Louis says I would carve a new bit out of sprue, maybe square of the ends and pin them together.