Here is my Hobbycraft F9F-2, with a new nose section- the Monogram F9F-5 forward fuselage (with canopy) suitably shortened to fit the correct length of the F9F-2. I also used Monogram wing tip tanks. I built the kit as one of the Blue Angel Airf[...]
This is the venerable Monogram 1/48th North American F-100. The kit was given to me by retired Air Force Major Don Schmenk. The plane has the markings of the Hun that Schmenk flew in Vietnam. I had the kit for many years before I finally got [...]
I can't quite remember when this was completed,I'm pretty sure sometime before 1985. The subject is the Lockheed model 9 Orion which shared a number of components with the more well known Vega. I started with the venerable AMT Lockheed Ve[...]
Another of my builds from my distant past. (When did I get so old?!? ) Completed 36 years ago from the even then ancient Aurora DH-4 kit. Modifications include removal of all surface detail, the markings where depicted by raised outlines remem[...]
A kit that's a lot easier than you might expect. I would recommend it as a "first rigging model" to someone considering doing WW1 models, it's really that simple.
Done as the E.III Max Immelmann was shot down in. Completely OOB.
I love the Corsair, and I particularly enjoy building Tamiya Corsairs. This was my first folded wing corsair. I used pictures from the Osprey book on Corsair aces (This aircraft was on the USS Enterprise) to help me to paint this one. It is the [...]
I present my build of the Classic Airframes Widgeon.
I chose the USCG markings because of its story, but also because I didn't have any WW2 era Coast Guard Aircraft in my collection. The USCG did a lot to protect the Eastern Seaboard. I am espec[...]
This is my favorite kit of all time. 1/48 scale. I painted this entirely with Tamiya spray cans, except for the red cowl ring. The cowl ring was painted with a Testors lacquer spray can red that was an exact match for the Yellow Wings decals [...]
Built out of the box (before all the resin was out). I stretched the wing tanks to the proper size and added napalm from a Trumpeter 1/32F-105.
I added a seat, scribed the bird, and added shrikes from a Trumpeter F-105 (which I had to fix).
Paint is Floquil, Decals are kit.