I’ve always thought the Me-262 was a “wicked good” looking airplane. My only critical thought has been that it would have been better looking if it had even just a few degrees more sweepback on the wings. And the Germans discovered this (not jus[...]
Starting with the base of the diorama I used a product known as Flexstone made from recylced rubber sold as stepping stones! After trying one out I was sold on the idea and most of my dioramas are mounted on these. They came through a garden cen[...]
We'd all know that old aircraft are awesome. They’re full of interesting shapes, texture, detail. Moreover, nothing looks better than an old fighter in a colorful paint scheme!
UK-based digital avaiation artist took this idea to a whole new [...]
The two most rescued aviators in model aviation history ! These lucky fellows are just two of the figures that come with every Monogram Hu-16 Albatross. Anyone who has built the Hu-16, has these guys laying around somewhere, remember them ? [...]
So here's the second Airfix Lighting F.2A I've built from the new Airfix kit. Again, no issues to report, pitot from a sewing needle but otherwise SFTB, decals are kit for all the stencil data and Xtradecal for the camo 92Sqdn "King Cobra".
sneaking in under thew wire as my last build of 2013. Airfix's new Lightning F.2A in the markings of 92Sqdn at RAF Gutersloh in the early 70's. Apart from a needle for a pitot, what you see here is straight from the box, decals and all. The fin[...]
Time to announce the official results of our final monthly roundup in 2013. 82 new articles and 1035 comments were added to iModeler during December. As per our usual procedure, we are awarding the iModeler Best in Show title to the entry that w[...]
This is Mantua Models' Royal Caroline (kit no.750), the original being launched from Deptford in 1749 as a Royal Yacht.
The scale is 1:47. The length, excluding sticky-out-bits fore and aft, is 65cm (just over two feet). It's really a work-in-p[...]
Here is my WNW's Sopwith Snipe. The kit goes together very nicely. This is my first completed WNW kit and surely won't be my last. Paint was Tamiya acrylics. I used Bobe's EZ Line for the rigging and Gaspatch turnbuckles. I was able to do riggin[...]
This is a kit that I built for a buddy. I took these pics before I applied the custom decals that I had made depicting a 2ACR tank from the Battle of 73 Eastings. I should have took more after decals, but they were just the bumper n[...]