This was supposed to be a quick build to restore mojo and get something finished off my bench. It turned out that the tooling is from 1969 so there were quite some work to complete the build of this bird.... The kit is from 2001 with Cartograf[...]
Introduction: One of the advantages of building in 72nd scale is that kits are small and cheap enough to allow me to build aircraft that I’m “kind of” interested in (basically every airplane ever made). As an example, I picked up this new Airfix[...]
This post is about the Sikorsky CH-54 Skycrane, an American twin-engine heavy-lift helicopter designed for the United States Army. I keep in mind my project to build or restore some old models that could bring me some memories. I restored the R[...]
The A2D Sky Shark was originally designed to be a turboprop powered contra rotating propeller equipped reply to the short range and low thrust of early jets based on a requirement for an attack plane able to fly off escort carriers. Originating[...]
Another kit from the newer Airfix moulds. Builds nicely, only problem is the very thick dayglo decals. I had to airbrush the leading edges as the decals wouldn't go over the curvature, and mixed several mixes but couldn't get the exact shade of [...]
Built straight out of the box. As reported everywhere, fitting the cockpit and front undercarriage bay needs some cutting and modifying. Apart from that, the build goes on very smoothly. Colours are as instructed by Airfix with their Humbrol range.
Airfix's new mould Vampire trainer, built OOB with kit decals. Very nice little kit needing only a little filler around the intakes (As usual!). Dayglo is from Model Master (Testor's).
I thought that I would do a quick 1 week build of a plane which impressed me the first time I read up on it – the D4Y Judy. This Fujimi Kit C-16 is labelled as a D4Y1-C which, according to Google/Wiki, was the first D4Y variant to see combat deb[...]
Couple of my fellow club members built 1/48 Hs 129's in N. African desert scheme, and inspired me to pull this old kit out of the stash. I decided to go eastern front winter scheme, after seeing this beauty by fellow iModeler Morne Meyer @morne[...]
Finally finished another of my Phantom builds. I used a set of dry transfers for the stenciling and panel numbers (at least 50 hours of effort - details in the build thread). Don't know that I want to do that again! Added some pilots and some [...]