1/48 Amtech P-40 L ”Lighthouse Louie” 325th FG Tunisia

Started by Louis Gardner · 111 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Louis. This has been a superb WIP, instructional and entertaining. I'm still hoping you don't dirty her up too much as she's so pretty. You have the colours to perfection for me, especially set against that azure blue belly. If I were you, I'd say this has to be up there as one of my favourite builds.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Hip hip hip, Louie! A very nice journey to make on this one all together Louis! Thanks!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 3 months ago:

A fine ride my friend, looking forward to more pics on reveal day.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 3 months ago:

No David, what you saw in the last picture was how much dirt and dust I added. I didn't want to go overboard, as too much can spoil it... There's a fine line. I hope I got it right.

Thanks guys for the compliments... It just doesn't get any better than that. I sincerely mean this...

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Louis, you certainly got it right!

It is a really striking scheme; the red nose and wheels; the desert camo; the checkered tailplane - it has it all!

I had a look at your previous builds to see if you ever used a base - I thought this would go really well in a dusty desert setting. Anyway looking at your display cabinets - which are stunning and meticulously maintained - I guess I know why you haven't used bases often (if at all?). Your consistency and ability to finish models to such a high standard are a total credit to you - as is your sharing of the estimable skills you have developed.

Say it quietly - work of art!

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Louis, as we've corresponded, I'll say again, this is an amazing, truly eye-catching build. I agree 100% with the others' comments, and make a mental note while I'm at it: careful building combined with a signature detail (in this case the checkerboard tail against the desert camp) makes the project and represents what we all got into the craft for in the first place. Amazing. Can't wait for the final reveal.