Effective date: April 12, 2022
SECTION 1: Collection of information
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a donation, communicate with either by email or via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, bio, email address, your avatar image, your content, photos, posts, responses, and series published by you, and any other information you choose to submit.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you refer to a 3rd person in your posting. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will not send any communications to other people unrelated to your request, unless they engage with us and separately consent to receive such communications.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
In some instances, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Transactional Information: When you make a donation or purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as transaction details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to track your repeated visits to iModeler, and thereby support collecting information about your activity over time. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
We may also obtain certain information about you from associated third-party sources. For example, if you create or log into your iModeler account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name or profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
Based on the information we collect, we may draw further inferences about you. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer reading preferences based on your reading history or the data provided in your profile.
SECTION 2: Use of information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, which includes publishing and distributing user-generated content, personalizing the posts you see and providing you with access to the right content.
iModeler does not sell your personal information.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain your iModeler account & membership
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations, receipts, notifications
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support
- Communicate with you about new features, content, or services offered by iModeler and provide other news and information we think will interest you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time)
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of iModeler and others
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SECTION 3: Sharing of information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We may share personal information with other users of the Services. For example, if you use our Services to publish content, post comments or send private notes, certain information about you will be visible to others, such as your name, your avatar, bio, other account information you may provide, and information about your activities on our Services (e.g., your friends network, recent posts, and responses).
- We may share personal information with vendors or service providers that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, advertising, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, and marketing.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of our Services that we believe are improper.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of iModeler, our users, the public, or others.
- We may share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among iModeler and our current and future owners, partners, subsidiaries and other entities under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SECTION 4: Limitations to the extent of this policy
iModeler does not host all of the content or features displayed on our Services. Our users and staff have the ability to post content items that are actually hosted by a third party, but is embedded in our pages (an “Embed”). When you interact with an Embed, it can send information about your interaction to the hosting third party just as if you were visiting the third party’s site directly. For example, when you load a iModeler post page with a YouTube video Embed and watch the video, YouTube receives information about your activity, such as your IP address and how much of the video you watch. iModeler does not control what information third parties collect through Embeds or what they do with the information.
Advertising displayed on iModeler is supplied via Embeds from 3rd party ad network(s) such as Google Adsense. The ads presented to you are supplied by 3rd party vendors, who may capture information about you in the same way as if you were visiting their services directly. Typically, an advertising vendor will receive information about your activity, such as your IP address, pages you visit or returning visits. iModeler does not control what information the ad vendor collects through embedded ad units or what they do with the information.
SECTION 5: Transfer of information to other countries
iModeler is headquartered in Sweden, and we have operations and service providers in Sweden, the European Union, the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. For example, we route large portion of our website traffic through Cloudflare, a service provider that stores temporary copies of our web pages in various data center locations across the globe, thereby accelerating the access to the site from any location. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
SECTION 6: Your choices
You may access, correct, delete and download your personal and account information at any time by logging into the Services and navigating to the My Stuff page.
If you choose to delete your account, we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers (programs that you use to browse the web, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving certain communications from us, such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications, by following the instructions in those communications or through My Account -> Email Notifications page. If you opt out, we may still send you administrative emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
SECTION 7: Your EU privacy rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will inactivate it immediately. However, some of your personal information may remain in our systems for a while more due to the following reasons:
- For security reasons and to avoid misuse of past user identities, your account data will remain stored in our backend system for a period after deactivation, but never longer than 2 years.
- If you have content remaning on our Services after deactivating your account, we will retain some of your data so that the content remains properly attributed to you as an author.
- We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To exercise your rights:
- If you sign up for a iModeler account, you may at any time download your personal information from the My Stuff page.
- You may correct information associated with your account from the My Stuff -> Profile page.
- You may withdraw consent by requesting your account to be terminated. To do so, log in to iModeler and send message to @techsupport requesting account deletion.
- You may object at any time to the use of your personal data by contacting [email protected].
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
- For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
SECTION 8: Your California privacy rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
- Category: Identifiers. Recipients: Analytics Providers, Communication Providers, Custom Service Providers, Fraud Prevention and Security Providers, Infrastructure Providers, Marketing Providers, Payment Processors
- Category: Commercial Information. Recipients: Analytics Providers, Infrastructure Providers, Payment Processors
- Category: Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. Recipients: Analytics Providers, Infrastructure Providers
- Category: Inferences. Recipients: Analytics Providers, Infrastructure Providers
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to:
- Request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you,
- Request deletion of your personal information,
- Opt out of any sales of your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future,
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
You may make these requests by sending a message to @techsupport or by completing this webform. We will verify a webform request by asking you to provide identifying information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.