Eduard 1/48 P-39 L/N 345th FS

Started by Tom Bebout · 18 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 11 months ago:

We have a winner for the cheesiest pun contest. Gotta give it to you David, you
    are e mmental giant.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Ah, shucks...

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Amazing what you can accomplish with a couple of hours in the mornings. Placed the cockpit into the fuselage half and the fit was very good. Next item in the instructions was to add weight. OK, so how much you ask, as you surely don't want this to be a tail dagger. No clues are given as you can see.

Since this kit didn't include any weights I went to my previous built Hasegawa P-39/400 instructions where they recommended 9 grams. I use pre-scored weights that are showed in the pic. I buy them at a Hobby Town store and they were designed to be used with Cub Scout pine wood derby race cars. Or for any other hobby that would require you to use some weights. What I like about them is they have a self stick adhesive on their backs so no glue is needed to secure them in place. Add the other half of the fuselage attach the wing and you now have something that's starting to look like a P-39 . More to follow.