Valentine tank 1/35 Tamiya

Started by neil foster · 38 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 6 months ago:

This is now going to be my contribution to the Kasserine pass groupbuild, I will post a picture of the un- built kit when it arrives from ebay land.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

It's going to be a beaut!

• Profile Photo

I did say recently that from now on unless there was no alternative I was only going to buy new generation Airfix or Tamiya and now I know why, my Tamiya Valentine tank has turned up from e-bay land and I literally cannot wait to get at it, the boxing and artwork are amazing, the moulding of the five tan coloured sprues is crisp and finely detailed and the instruction sheet is of the usual high Tamiya standard.

I wasn't sure if this kit was the correct Mk for this conflict but it turns out the differences between the earlier Mk no's was all in the engines ,externally they all appeared the same, some did have the 6lb gun but they served at the same time so all's well.

I will post pictures as I progress,Cheers N.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Very cool Neil ! I'll be watching this for updates for sure.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Wow, Neil, she looks to be a real beauty, and a perfect addition to the GB. Thanks for joining in!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I saw one as a build in progress at our IPMS meeting recently. Beautiful, clean molding, and the figure of the commander was as good as anything resin I've ever seen. Impressive!

• Profile Photo

I may attempt the crew as well, figures are not really my forte but Tamiya have done everything they can to make it easy for me as they are superbly moulded.
    N

• Profile Photo

Just a couple of pics to show where I'm up too, for me this amount of progress in under a week is amazing ,I'm usually still looking at the sprues and thinking of other things to do...
    Cheers N.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Nice addition Neil, look forward to seeing her done.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Looks good Neil . Coming right along.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I know what you mean about 'looking at sprues'! Well done on a great start!

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Wow this puppy is moving along a fine pace for me!, normally it would take me twice as long at least to be this far into a build . As you can see I have it primed up so that I can spray the wheels and surrounding area then I can finish them completely and add the tracks and paint them up before masking the whole area off,and attaching the wheel covers to paint everything above, I'm not sure if his is how regular tank builders would approach this but it seems logical to me, anyhow that's where I'm up to so far.

The only problem with these Tamiya kits is they are so easy and enjoyable to work on that you find yourself ploughing through them so quickly.

Cheers N.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Nice progress Neil, and since they pop together so well, maybe another subject can be done before the deadline? The more the merrier.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Tom,I've already mentioned I will quite likely do something else to David,if I do it will probably be an M3 Grant tank unless someone else bags it first, thanks for looking.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Looking good, Neil! Sorry for the delay in response; my PC was on the fritz and a friend set me up with a Mac. It's taken a while to get configured.