Italeri 1/72 Sea Apache and Saraf

Started by Jim Watts · 11 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jim Watts said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Hi folks,

Ohh a clean new site, time to muck it up with my doings ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well currently on the dinner tabel are two Italeri 1/72 Apaches, one I'm converting to the proposed Sea Apcahe and one to a represenation of the an Israeli Saraf.

Here some WIP shots..

• Profile Photo

Hmm I need to sort out how to add pictures, is it best to bbcode to external image storage site

I went past the 4 attachments,a nd got these messages on posting..

Warning: dir(/var/sites/i/imodeler1.com/public_html/uploads/fileupload-temp/Jagewa) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/sites/i/imodeler1.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/e2-core/_inc/functions-file-uploader.php on line 710

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /var/sites/i/imodeler1.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/e2-core/_inc/functions-file-uploader.php on line 711

CHeers
    Jim

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 years, 5 months ago:

@jagewa,

Thank you for posting and for reporting the problem. Judging from the pictures, you've got them uploaded OK - it looks like a major sanding project ๐Ÿ™‚

We'll be looking closer into these error messages. If anyone experiences the same, please report, too.

/Martin

• Profile Photo

Hi Martin, Thanks for that.

Cheers
    Jim

• Profile Photo

The Sea Apcahe, after a close aquaitance with Milliput and sanding paper we are getting closer...

• Profile Photo

The Saraf has been a battle with the belly insert, and modifiying the kit parts, adding lumps and bumps and modifing the spnsons to a more representive rear shape..

• Profile Photo

Crew have been added, and canopies started to be sorted out.. and some external stores are being sorted out.. some Airfix HArrier GR3 tanks wil be shortened for the Saraf, and those large bits of sprue will hopefully turn into Harpoon missiles for the Sea APache.

• Profile Photo

Well faffed about getting the crew onboard. Any how, got them in and some tape seat belts, then decided that was it time to put the canopies on, so first up the Saraf, a bit wide at the front but a little gentle persuasion and it's on with normal plastic cement.

A bit of Vallejo filler at the front and it's a good'un, well until I prime and really see...

I do like the Vallejo filler it has a nice fine applicator tube.. makes it easy to apply in small locations, starts to set up quite quickly and wipes away easily.

So on to the Sea Apache canopy, a bit wider at the front, and more gappage at the rear and front, so I chose CA to stick it on with.

Started at the rear and got it good and firm as there would a bit of pressure required at the front.

Left side wrangled and pressurised into place, held nicely with CA...

Now a bit more pressure required at the right hand side and...

there followed some pronouncements on what an enjoyable hobby this is, and exactly what lineage the Italeri canopy had...

This hobby is all about problem solving and cool tools...

so out with my favourite newest tool, the blind saw from this set The Tamiya Photo-Etched Craft Saw They are really thin, and don't need much pressure to cut. I use them for removing parts from sprues all the time now, as it doesn't place any stress on the part.

Eventually the section is removed, the edges tidied up, come up and see my rubbingโ€™s big boy...

A quick rubbing, cut the tracing out, tacked to a piece of clear packaging plastic..

cut out, a bit of fettling, some CA and she'll do me.

Hopefully my only disaster for these builds...

Cheers
    Jim

• Profile Photo

Quick spray session before the morning beans and eggs...

they have both hit the prime time :ha:

I'm really liking that sand colour, very appealing.

• Profile Photo

Colour on tonight...

Cheers
    Jim

• Profile Photo

Rightio, I've done as much as I want to on them so they are done..

Sea Apache..

and the Fiery Snake..

Cheers
    Jim