Vietnam Scooters

Started by George Williams · 5 · 8 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Vietnam Scooters
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Having re-watched one of my favourite films recently (Good morning, Vietnam) I've been inspired to make something from this conflict, finally deciding on Eduard's A-4 Skyhawk kit Vietnam Scooters. It's someone else's basic kit (Hawegawa?) repackaged with some Eduard extras, including a resin seat, etched cockpit details and control panel, canopy mask, and a comprehensive set of markings for six different aircraft.

Other than liking the look of the Skyhawk, I know next to nothing about these things, so I'm looking for help from you guys on iModeler for any hints, tips, pitfalls to avoid, etc. I bought this kit from a Chinese website, but I note that our good friend Bernd is advertising it on his site for a very reasonable price http://www.berndmm.de/en/eduard-limited-edition-kits-vietnam-scooters-limit.html. Thanks for looking.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I cannot give any pointers on the kit George, but I am quite sure that you will carry this off as easily as your other builds mate.
    Looks colourful markings there .
    She could be a tail sitter though George, so I would check first.

Simon.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at this "re-boxing", George...my Eduard F-4 Phantom (Academy plastic), contains the same 'goodies' as your A-4 - as for the original kit, I'm unsure [as you are] of the genesis of the first edition. Let us if you find out. Looking forward to your build.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for the tips and info. Here are the two fuselage halves almost ready to be joined together, just need to add some weight in the nose first!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Keep us "in the loop" as your build progresses, George...we wanna know how it goes.