1/32nd Jug in NMF

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 8 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 5 months ago:

I built this so long ago, that I don't remember the manufacturer...'course, I don't remember what happened last week! So who offered a 32nd P-47 recently? Help me out.

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Craig... I know the feeling, it happens to me all the time. Great looking nmf as usual.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 11 years, 5 months ago:

This is a very good-looking Jug. Is this a rattle-can NMF? Looks perfectly convincing.

Forgetting the source of the kit is actually a healthy sign - means that you're getting so many models built so that it's not worth remembering.

Show more of this model at the front page?

• Profile Photo

Thanks, guys...glad I'm not the only one with C.R.S. around here.

And yes, every NMF build I've put on here (or will put on here) has been Model Master "buffable metailzers" in the rattle (spray) cans. I'm not that good with my airbrush and my way's a whole lot easier. BUT...I've got the technique down pretty well, I think (at least you guys are kind enough to compliment them, so I must be doing something right - for a change). Thank you, gentlemen.

• Profile Photo

Here's a few more shots of the mystery Thunderbolt. Anybody ever come up with you put this out?

• Profile Photo
    Anders Isaksson said 11 years, 4 months ago:

Wouldn't this be the Hasegawa kit? IIRC Revell only had the Razorback, but Trumpeter do offer a 32nd bubbletop. Unlike Hasegawa their kit feature all control surfaces as separate pieces.

I agree that the rattle can NMF looks very good, and it sounds a lot easier than going the Alclad route. Good job on that jug, Craig!

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 11 years, 4 months ago:

Craig, that is a really nice looking Jug. I love the P-47, as a kid I had a squadron of them flying overhead in my room. You did a really nice job with this kit whom ever made it. Good job with the NMF, it is something hard to pull off and I think you got it pretty good on this one.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks for the kind words once again, guys...I appreciate your lookin'.