Mirage Hobby 1/72 PZL-37A Łoś

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 91 · 2 years ago · 1/72, Mirage Hobby, PZL-37, ZTS Plastyk
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hi everyone!

Just received this gift from my friend @lis this morning (sorry for the pyjama outfit...)

My little monkeys, errrrrrr, sorry, sons unwrapped (attacked) the box and found this inside... ...the Mirage Hobby 1/72 PZL-37, which is a rebox of the venerable 1983 ZTS Plastyk with fresh decals. I could not wait and started putting it together. Here is the progress so far... I am still not closing the fuselage, as @lis will come with updated info regarding interior colors (will possibly replace light gray with aluminum...). Some history and more info on the kit soon. Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

What a fantastic gift from our friend @lis, Spiros @fiveten
    I can imagine that you could not wait to get started on this beautiful aircraft.
    Looking forward to the build and the history.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! Our Friend @lis already gives me valuable info on the details!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

The @fiveten productionline never sleeps! Strapped in for the occasional visit on this one too.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I'm so glad that parcel safety arrived to You 🙂 I hope you enjoy build. I was afraid about paints in set if they don't leak in long journey. But all was ok 🙂 could you paste photo of decals? I try to guess what version for what finn it is. For one big finn you need to cut some tail and fit it with big finn.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lis! Yes, you have to cut the upper portion of the tail cone, in order to attach the single fin!

• Profile Photo

I checked decals, and it is for B version only. A version had Big Dipper as emblem of squadron. I checked if there is any aftermarket decals.

• Profile Photo

Looks like I can make the single fin version after all, my friend @lis!
    So, here she is...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Great! You can build no. 72.11 or 72.12 from training squadron. Finally what interior color did you use?

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Lots of progress already in just one day, Spiros @fiveten
    Both, signle and double fin do have their attraction.

• Profile Photo

Interior will finally be khaki, my friend @lis! Seems like it is the color most agree upon!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    Indeed, both single fin and double fin versions look great. Whereas I confess that my softer spot for the Łoś is the double fin version, especially as the two fins are teeny tiny and make for a unique shape (combined with the Łoś very interesting overall shape), I opted for the single fin as I have built the double fin in 1/48!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten a good choice! Do you use paints from the box?

• Profile Photo

I am not into acrylics, my friend @lis! Guess I am an old dino using enamels... 🙂 Might give acrylics a try someday, though...