B 29 aerial wires HELP !!!!

Started by neil foster · 4 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Can anyone post a picture or drawing that shows the correct position of the aerial wires on the B29. I have seen line drawings that show a wire running between the two off centre verticle masts and a second wire running from behind the Astrodome to the small stubby mast on the tailfin and another diagram which appears to show one single wire running between the two masts and then on to the tailfin, none of the photo's are very clear,any help would be most welcome.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Does this help or do you already have this?

http://aafradio.org/NASM/RHAntennas.htm

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Wow, Jaime you da man ! those pictures are terrific ,I've never seen them before and I didn't even know about the antenna running out to the tail wing, thanks so much for that.
    I am currently in the process of putting together my D Day group build piece ,hope you approve when you see it,I am hoping to post it tonight at 22:56, the exact time the glider force took of from England.
    Thanks again, Neil.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I guess you didn't have those, then... 🙂 Looking forward to seeing the finished model, Neil!

Can't wait to see your D-Day contribution. You ought to have it up pretty soon...are you on GMT or BST right now?

Jaime