B 29 aftermarket gun barrels

Started by neil foster · 3 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Can anyone recommend a set of aftermarket gun barrels either Brass or Resin that would be correct (or near enough) to improve my 1/48 B29 ,did this aircraft use the same guns as say the B17 or B24 ?,also as a point of interest my build is an early camoflauged machine ,these aircraft are always seen with the de icing boots removed does anyone know how these worked and why they would be removed ?
    Cheers N.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I don't know about gun barrels, but if you Google "Terry Dean Weights" You'll find nose weights for it. He does have resin gear and bomb bay doors that are corrected from what is in the kit, if you fell you need to change it. The deicer boots were inflatable bladders. as the wing would ice, these could be turned on and they would cycle, breaking and ice accumulated on them. The rest of the sheet would then tear away from the wing. I don't know why they would be removed, other than weight. (I don't know what the icing conditions were at altitude in the Pacific, maybe they just weren't needed.)

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Nice bit of info, I hada feeling it would be some kind of inflatable device, will check out the other stuff.
    Cheers N.