Bf-109E-7 Trop - Eduard 1/32

Started by Colin Gomez · 9 · 2 years ago · 1/32, Bf-109e, Eduard
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 9 months ago:

This one will be pretty much OOB. The Eduard decals and other details are more than good enough for me. I have been working on minor corrections of the spine and tail and am pretty satisfied with how it will look, although I have a Dragon version as well that is a better kit in some respects.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

A great entry, my friend @coling!
    Love the Bf-109 "tropicalized" camo!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Beautiful, Colin @coling
    The Emil is the greatest looking 109 to my opinion.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Spiros. The camo will be fun to make. I may do a diorama with scrub bushes to show its effectiveness (as several aerial photos do).

• Profile Photo

Thanks, John. The trop version in RLM 79 is one of the most striking-looking 109s around, even the yellow codes look good. I may also do the 109F, as I have the 32nd Hasegawa kit. Just can't stack up too many projects at once.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looking forward to this build, Colin (@coling). I have this kit stored away pending our move to our new house.

• Profile Photo

Welcome aboard, George. I will look forward to your build after you get settled in. Can't have too many 109s

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 9 months ago:

@coling - The One Big Problem with an Eduard E-model 109 is that the slats are too deep in chord. If you cut off a strip at the rear about 1/16 inch wide, you'll get the chord down where you want it. Take that piece you sliced off and glue it into the slat are of the wing, fill any gap, sand smooth, rescribe or use a pounce wheel as necessary, and all will be well. That boo-boo becomes real obvious if you try to use an aftermarket decal sheet with proper-size upper wing crosses, if you don;t do this.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks for that tip, Tom. It would really show with the wing crosses applied. I have the Dragon 109E to compare to the Eduard and I can see exactly what you mean. Your methodology looks good too. However, I am a bit concerned that a strip cut off from the slat that is so narrow might curl up a bit as it is cut. I will try it. There is always the option of using styrene strip as well. Nonetheless, I do prefer gluing kit styrene to itself for a seamless welding join of like plastics. We'll see how it goes.