Digital Figure Sculpting

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 148 · 4 days ago · 3d modeling, 3D printing, 3d sculpting, digital, figure, sculpting
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 days, 9 hours ago:

@gblair - Hopefully my process works George... I guess, if it doesn't, you'll at least know what not to do. LOL

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 days, 5 hours ago:

Hi Brian (@brithebuilder): I have my popcorn and notebook ready! Do you plan to put this on YouTube?

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 days, 1 hour ago:

@gblair - It will most definitely be on YouTube George. Hopefully the skin tones go pretty quickly. The airbrush does make for quick work of the larger body parts.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 days ago:

Looking excellent, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 days, 22 hours ago:

Amazing work on the skin tone, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 days, 11 hours ago:

Progress. Conan is airbrushed with Barbarian Skin from Vallejo. The other two are a mix of a couple Vallejo skin tones. I may still have to do a small amount of touchup on the models themselves. The camera picks up things that are very difficult to see.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 days, 10 hours ago:

Skin tones do look really nice, Brian @brithebuilder
    Indeed, for some reason cameras do show much more than what the eye can see.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 days, 9 hours ago:

Mode adjusting of skin tones... so much potential variety. I added Mahogany to the Barbarian skin to get Conan to look more tan. I also toned the yellow down a bit. I think I'm done with the base skin tones though. I will be adding a few thin coats of Reikland fleshshade as well as purple, red & brown.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 days, 3 hours ago:

A few washes airbrushed from below where shadows would be... red (carroburg crimson - citadel), sepia (seraphim sepia - citadel) and brown (dark brown wash - vallejo), all thinned more than normal using airbrush thinner. Then a lighter skin tone, the barbarian skin by itself, super thinned down with airbrush thinner... probably 5 parts wash to 1 part paint, airbrushed form above. I think the shadow and highlight pass definitely added volume.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

Really looking good, Brian (@brithebuilder). Are you airbrushing ModelAir, or are you thinning and spraying regular Vallejo? I have never tried to thin regular Vallejo, but I would bet it takes a ton of thinner to get them prepped to spray.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

Looks excellent, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

Looking even better, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 4 days, 15 hours ago:

@gblair - I am thinning Vallejo Model Color and Game Color paints. My local hobby store didn't have a great selection of Model Air colors. It seems like it's a 1:1 ratio of paint to thinner... as long as the paint looks basically like the thickness of skim milk.

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros!

@johnb - Appreciated John. I agree, the shadow/highlight pass definitely makes a difference.