Bit off a little more than i can chew?

Started by jeff stewart · 6 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    jeff stewart said 11 years, 2 months ago:

I just had a conversation with my neighbor, 1st Lt. J. T. McRainey, He's set up an opportunity for me to have an exhibit at one of our local libraries! We're gonna do an exhibit with a little bit of all the branches of the military. Which I've got alot of.

The main focus of the exhibit is to maybe get kids a little more interested in modeling. So now I've got about 5 weeks to finish a couple of kits, mainly my 1/350 USS Alabama, which is maybe 50% complete. Finish a 1/48 P-47N which I havent really started on, just got some of the cockpit painted. Finish my 1/35 M10 Tank Destroyer, 1/35 Panzer 1, and generally just do some touch-ups on a couple of old kits that I have.

I've included a couple pics of some of the stuff I gotta get done!

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Nikola Pentić said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Well, you got some really nice work in progress there. Keep us posted.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Wow, looks like it will be a great exhibition. Can't wait to see the finished USS Alabama, which looks amazing so far.

• Profile Photo
    jeff stewart said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Thanx, I really need to get busy! There is more pics of the Bama in the Armada Group.

• Profile Photo
    Owen Auer said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Never take on so many projects at once. You'll regret it. It takes all the fun out of building if you have to rush builds.

Owen

• Profile Photo
    Mike Maynard said 10 years, 2 months ago:

What are you going to build to represent the US Coast Guard in your exhibit? Most "all the Armed Services" displays seem to overlook the Coast Guard's wartime contributions, if you need any ideas, let me know.

Mike USCG (RET)