Carpet monster

Started by Allan J Withers · 4 · 5 years ago · general modeling
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Retrieving small lost parts from the carpet with some stocking over the end of the vacuum cleaner !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Nice to know that no matter how much you think you’ve lost touch with objective reality, there’s always an Aussie a little bit further down that road.

Ahem...and just HOW did you find out about stockings and vacuum cleaners?

Wishing you well, Allan. And the missus with the missing hosiery.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I discovered long ago that once a part was irretrievably lost forever - and I either went without it, made a new one or ordered a replacement part, it would mysteriously turn up weeks/months later when I was looking for something else.

Actually, I remember one instance when I "lost" a relatively large piece (a 20mm gun barrel from a 32nd Spitfire) AND...while sitting in my recliner one evening, my CAT brought it to me. But...unlike myself, she's never broken anything - despite her apparent agility (see attached)...and I NEVER tried to get her down from there. She got up there without any "trouble" - she'll get down the same way - and she always did.

Go figure. 🙁

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks David, I saw it mentioned somewhere, I'm not married, I had a wife once but her husband came and took her away !

Yes Craig, the safest way to get a cat of the shelf is to leave it alone !