Battle of Britain RAF Rescue launch Airfix 1/72

Started by neil foster · 35 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Here is my project for the Battle of Britain G/B it is the Airfix RAF rescue launch,I bought the kit second hand and part started,

The kit looks very well moulded with lots of small detail and a full crew compliment ,you also get two colour /decal options though I have not yet decided which one I will do.

At this early stage there's not much else to say other than I am looking forward to getting into this as I have always liked the subject and I have for some time now been thinking of getting into painting figures a subject I have avoided in the past so here goes ...

N.

P.S I changed my Avatar, there's a pint of Fosters or Guinness (Seamus) in it for the first one to recognise the location,you have to come to the Farmers arms, Warrington to get it though !.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Nice boat mate - I built this one as a kid. You gonna rig it as well?

• Profile Photo

RIG IT ? no-one said anything about riggin'
    N.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looks like someone did all the hard work for you. Just kidding. Usually when you take over someone else's attempt it is harder than starting fresh.
    I'll be following the progress of your boat.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 9 months ago:

BTW, I'm guessing that's not a Cricket field.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looks like a classic kit of a classic boat, Neil, and looking at the picture there does seem to be a small amount of 'rigging'...is this going to be another diorama?

• Profile Photo

Not a cricket field...if you click on the avatar it gets a wee bit bigger.N.

• Profile Photo

No George I'm just going to mount it though probably not on the little stand thingy,I will probably get a nice wooden base and mount it on acouple of glass rods.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looking good Neil, as for the Pic well it looks like a baseball ground.

• Profile Photo

Very good but if you want that free pint you'll need to be more percific,we both know Baseball like all great sports was invented in ENGLAND ...oh yes it was , but where in the world is that ground .
    N.

• Profile Photo

New York Yankees Stadium.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I have never been a baseball fan preferring rugby instead, but I will venture a guess and say that picture was taken at the original house that Ruth built, Yankee Stadium. Fosters? Funny, I have been told that no self respecting Aussie would drink that panther p**s! Anyway, love your choice for this group build. If I could model realistic water, I would do a small diorama with the rescue launch and the new tooled Airfix Spitfire, but the wooden base with glass rods should work out just as well.

• Profile Photo

Simon wins the pint , you just have to show up in my local to take delivery, you name the day and I'll be there,Seamus the Aussies may not like it but I love it,that picture was taken on my 40th birthday so I've aged a bit since then (not much though),I belive that stadium was knocked down at the end of that season,didn't really understand the game and it went on for quite a bit but all in all one of the outstanding days of my life ...so far !

N.

P.S. I'm quite partial to a pint or two of Brooklyn as well ,bit darker than Lager more like a Bitter.

• Profile Photo

Cheers Neil, but I remembered you telling us that you went out to the States and New York.
    Anyhow I am a real ale person, or J.D.
    Simon.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Well Neil, I'm fairly certain your at a baseball game, beyond that I'm clueless. Of course, there are people that maintain that I'm clueless in general... 😉
    The Rescue Boat is a great choice, there won't be a bunch of those. The clear gun turrets always scared me off.